Premier's Reading Challenge 2020
The Premier's Reading Challenge is an annual state-wide initiative for state and non-state schools. In 2020, all students at Aspley State School will once again be taking part. It is not a competition and aims to improve literacy and encourage children to read widely for pleasure and learning.
The Premier's Reading Challenge began on Monday and continues through until Friday 29 August 2020. The goal for students in Preparatory to Year Four is to read or experience twenty books, and, for Year Five and Six students to read fifteen books, over the fifteen week period.
Each class teacher will by now have clarified their chosen record keeping procedure for their own class with parents and carers. If you are unsure which method your class is using, please contact the class teacher directly. The different options are available on the school website under Curriculum then Library.
Once your child has read the required number of books, they then email or take their completed record sheet to their classroom teacher, who will record that they have completed the challenge.
There are suggested booklists below if you are stuck for ideas: -
- 2017 PRC Prep-Y1 Booklist (PDF, 274KB)
- 2017 PRC Y1-3 Booklist (PDF, 298KB)
- 2017 PRC Y3-5 Booklist (PDF, 290KB)
- 2017 PRC Y5-7 Booklist (PDF, 271KB)
- 2018 PRC Prep-Y1 Booklist (PDF, 310KB)
- 2018 PRC Y1-3 Booklist (PDF, 447KB)
- 2018 PRC Y3-5 Booklist (PDF, 340KB)
- 2018 PRC Y5-7 Booklist (PDF, 326KB)
- 2019 PRC Prep-Y1 Booklist (PDF, 338KB)
- 2019 PRC Y1-3 Booklist (PDF, 326KB)
- 2019 PRC Y3-5- Booklist (PDF, 339KB)
- 2019 PRC Y5-7 Booklist (PDF, 337KB)
- 2020 PRC Prep-Y1 Booklist (PDF, 442KB)
- 2020 PRC Y2-3 Booklist (PDF, 403KB)
- 2020 PRC Y4-5 Booklist (PDF, 355KB)
- 2020 PRC Y6-7 Booklist (PDF, 446KB)